12/1/10

Thing #42

Thing #42 is all about Twitter. I created a Twitter account way back as part of Thing #13. I tried it for a bit but it's just not for me. That said however, I do follow a number of Twitter feeds including feeds from companies and libraries. I think it's a great tool for libraries to use to let their patrons know what's going on in the library.

The Top 20 Sites to Improve Your Twitter Experience site mentioned TwitPic so I thought I'd give it a try. I set my account up about a week ago but so far I've managed to post only one picture. There were a number of times during the week I saw something I wanted to take a picture of however I always used my regular camera instead of the camera on my phone. I did finally upload one of those pictures. It was really simple to do. I do find it odd however that I can make my Twitter feed private however I can not make my feed on TwitPic private.

It's too soon to tell if I'm going to embrace TwitPic or not. Now that I have my account set up at least I can play with it over the next few months and see how I like it.

No comments: