I actually rarely search the web for myself. Whenever I do I am usually more interested in finding other people that have the exact same name as I do then I am in finding myself. Years ago I use to think I had a fairly unique name but the longer the web is around the more exact name matches I find. I already knew about the two others living in Nebraska and one in Marysville, KS but I was surprised to find another one in South Bend, IN.
When I searched Google most of the results returned were either me or from generic people search sites. I looked at the first three pages of results and excluding the generic results all but 3 results are for me. One problem I have with some of the people search sites is that they think my name is spelled wrong so they will also return results for Allan. The results from Bing and Yahoo were similar.
I already have a Google Profile, Facebook and LinkedIn account that all provide varying degrees of information about me. This gives me a bit of control on my identity.
As for tracking myself online I must admit that I have no desire to track myself online. It has no appeal at all.
8/31/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment